The CAA is a fraternal organization that facilitates the continued bond between officers who have served their country through participation in an overseas mission, and promotes issues important to all CIVPOL officers.
helps to promote and continue those friendships/bonds made in mission. To keep
people connected we provide news and programs in support of those bonds
and help promote issues that benefit CIVPOL officers and families.
Categories (Levels)The Association Membership is divided into
four classes, Active, Honorary, Associate Member and Associate Family.
1. Active: Shall be any current or prior CIVPOL Officer in good standing.
2. Honorary: Shall be any one person who is recognized as the Husband, Wife, Son, Daughter, Mother, Father or sibling of a CIVPOL Officer who has been Killed In Action or Wounded In Action and Incapacitated. Only one Honorary Status will be recognized per CIVPOL Officer. An Honorary Member will have full voting privileges and will be exempt from membership dues. A eligible CIVPOL Officer is any person that was contracted and given orders specifically to serve on CIVPOL missions. Such documents must be made available upon request to validate this membership level
***The criteria to determine this level will be stringent and NO EXCEPTIONS. We will seek the desires of the Fallen Officer that identifies the Honorary member as a next of kin. The Honorary member MUST agree to demonstrate proof of such declaration and list all family members that might qualify as well. Should this occur, every effort will be made to verify with the estate administrator that may assist in determining the primary next of kin. We encourage all living CIVPOL officers to make a declaration in their legal document a primary next of kin to serve as their selection for Honorary member.***
3. Associate: Shall consist of anyone not qualified for Active Membership who supports the CIVPOL mission statement and must be approved by the Executive Committee. Associate Members will have no voting rights or hold any association office.
4. Family: Similar to Associate Member. This special membership is available to all of those recognized as the Husband, Wife, Son, Daughter, Mother, Father or sibling of a CIVPOL Officer who has been Killed In Action or Wounded In Action and Incapacitated. Dues will be reduced by 50%.
Here are some of the benefits of being a member of the Association:
- Promotes Friendships & Bonds
- Keeping families connected
- CIVPOL News
- CIVPOL Programs
- Family Advocacy
- Job Placement